What is EduApps?
EduApps consists of eight useful software collections that are free for you to download and use.
The EduApps Family covers a range of user requirements to support teaching and learning, so just choose the one that’s right for you.
- AccessApps, provides a range of solutions to support writing, reading and planning, as well as sensory, cognitive and physical difficulties.
- TeachApps, is a collection of software specifically designed for teachers or lecturers.
- LearnApps, as its name implies, is specifically designed for learners. All learners or students can benefit from LearnApps.
- MyStudyBar, is our most popular program, providing a suite of apps to support literacy.
- MyVisBar, a high contrast floating toolbar, designed to support learners with visual difficulties.
- MyAccess, a portal to all your favourite and accessible applications providing inclusive e-learning options for all.
- Create&Convert is designed to help publish accessible information for all.
- Accessible Formatting WordBar, create accessible Word documents with ease using our innovative WordBar.
All EduApps collections can run from a USB pendrive plugged into a Windows computer. Therefore, they offer a portable, personal solution – with you wherever you go. Please note, the EduApps suite including MyStudyBar is designed to run on a Windows PC. There is no Apple Mac version. For a full list of Apple Mac portable apps visit the FreeSmug Site.
The Scottish Voice
The Scottish Voice, otherwise know as Heather is a free high quality synthetic computer voice which is free to Scottish schools, colleges and their support services. Pupils or students can also install the voice on home computers.
If you are eligible to download Heather, Soffed recommends that you use the voice with some of the apps, particularly those programs on AccessApps and MyStudyBar which use text-to-speech. For those learners who benefit from audio support for reading and writing, a quality voice can make all the difference.
Soffed is the UK’s leading educational specialists in all aspects of e-learning. To find out more about our services please contact us.